Software Support Technician
- Providing remote software system support; identifying system improvements; upgrading, installing, and configuring systems; onsite, classroom, and remote training
Duties To Be Performed
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, identify and resolve software issues by means of research, testing, and remote screen sharing
- Provide front line support by answering the Help Desk phone line and email for all incoming service requests
- Provide answers directly to clients by identifying problems, researching answers, and guiding them through corrective steps quickly, clearly, and jargon-free
- Consult customers on the ideal use of the software based on best practice and customer business processes
- Using excellent verbal and written skills to create and maintain working documention which includes processes, procedures, how to’s, known errors, etc.
- Able to be on-call beyond normal business hours and on weekends and work various shifts to support 24/7 operations
- Have the capacity to operate independently with a high degree of productivity and reliability
- Assist other Help Desk technicians as needed
- 4 year degree in Accounting or Technical Field
- 2+ years experience in customer support field
- Knowledgeable in current networking standards
- Familiar with system administration
- Knowledge of accounting systems a plus (i.e. Quick Books, Great Plains)
- Knowledge of client/server software systems, SQL, and Oracle database systems a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Exposure/experience in preparing and presenting training information
- Knowledge and/or experience in aviation industry a plus
- Experience with Quantum Control a plus
- Bilingual a plus (Spanish in particular)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required. Will be expected to effectively and professionally communicate and interact with client, staff, and management
- Must be reliable, professional, and detail oriented and must demonstrate the ability to deliver quality services while working independently or as a project team member
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Attention to detail required
- This is a full-time position with excellent benefits.
- We are an equal opportunity employer
- Must be able to legally work in the U.S.
- Competitive salaries
- Salary commensurate with experience
- Bonus plan
- Comprehensive Health Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Training & advancement opportunities
- Paid time off
Component Control, Inc.
1731 Kettner Blvd.
San Diego, CA 92101
We appreciate and consider all applications, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please submit resume to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to return to the Job Opportunities page.