EDI Integration for Quantum Control
Request a Quote
Quantum Control’s EDI module provides Quantum users the ability to conduct business electronically with their trading partners. The EDI Module simplifies the implementation and deployment of an integrated electronic transaction system with a configurable out of the box approach. Connectivity is provided by Component Control’s Web Services department on a time and materials basis. This provides a convenient, low cost solution and is a strategy for doing business with partners who will accept only electronic transactions.
Quantum’s EDI module can send the EDI message to any network including Value-Added Networks such as SITA and ARINC, or a trading partner’s own private network. The transport technology is hosted by Component Control and acts as the intermediary between the Quantum user and their trading partners. When a Quantum user sends an EDI document to their trading partner, Quantum’s EDI transport technology ensures delivery of that document to the trading partner and also returns EDI communications back to the Quantum user.
Standards such as Spec 2000, ANSI X12, UN/EDIFACT, and even propriety EDI formats can all be supported with Quantum EDI.
- Purchase EDI module to activate licensing.
- Schedule services for integration with Component Control’s Professional Services Department. (Integration services are provided on a time and materials basis.)
- Identify the business processes which will benefit most from implementing the Quantum EDI module. Many companies start with EDI purchase orders and order acknowledgements.
- Map the input and output of EDI documents to your business processes.
- Select a trading partner to establish a pilot program.
- Select which EDI standard to use for transactions.
- Identify and establish the communication protocol for use with your pilot trading partner.
- Perform communication testing.
- Begin live transactions with pilot deployment.
- Expand deployment to additional trading partners.
- Full integration with Quantum Control’s ERP solution so there is no need to build a complex EDI infrastructure.
- Component Control’s hosted EDI service acts as an intermediary on behalf of Quantum users. This means we can direct the electronic communications to any network, private or public.
- Speed - Data can move directly out of Quantum Control and into another trading partner’s ERP solution with little to no delay.
- Accuracy - Errors are reduced because data is not being re-keyed. On large volumes of transactions, the possibility for the introduction of errors is enormous with re-keying data.
- Simplicity - EDI standards specify how data will be formatted and where it can be found.
- Security - Much less likely to lose information transmitted through EDI than information sent via mail. EDI can be accessed only by authorized users, and then there are audit trails and archives of data. EDI data cannot be easily changed by unauthorized users. It is also not subject to viruses.
- Reduction in overhead expenses - EDI can provide significant reductions in business expenses, such as postage, printing, phone calls, and human intervention.