Purchase Orders for Quantum Control
Quantum’s automated purchasing module saves you time and money by streamlining your complete procurement process. It helps eliminate duplication and error, as well as save time looking up, checking and calculating prices. All costs are automatically maintained and therefore costing will always be accurate. Access can be controlled to prevent alteration by unauthorized users and limits may be set up and can only be overridden with supervisory passwords.
With the advanced forms designer tool, you may print customized purchasing documents.
Automatic messaging may be set up to contact the vendor via e-mail or fax when replies and/or goods have not been received as promised. Automatic internal messages may also be generated to alert staff that goods have been received and are ready to ship.
Quantum supports various types of purchase order lines: purchases of inventory materials, purchase exchanges and non-stock purchases to be charged directly to a general ledger expense account. Purchase orders may be linked to specific work orders and sales orders. When the PO is received, the linked orders are updated with all costing information and stock reservations are made against it automatically.
Quantum’s purchase order reporting system assists you in tracking purchases by vendor, delivered items as well as outstanding or back ordered items.
- Copy from existing purchase orders to save administrative time.
- Purchase from the sales order system, the work order system or directly in the purchase order module thus linking the receiving process directly to that order.
- Link purchase orders to existing sales orders and work orders or link these documents with existing purchase orders.
- Buy under the master part reference or alternate cross-referenced part numbers.
- Attach extensive notes to each part or to the purchase order for internal narratives.
- Attach multiple default clauses to the part or purchase order.
- Assign user-defined categories for reporting purposes.
- Displays totals in home currency and foreign currencies as well as for each part.
- Automatically apply discounts from pre-set discount tables.
- Choose from multiple drop ship addresses.
- Enter instructions for the receiver that will automatically appear on screen when the inventory is received.
- Add other types of charges such as shipping and handling, packaging, etc.
- Print, fax or e-mail the purchase order.
- Purchase Order Audit trail provides management with a tool to track any changes that were made to the purchase order complete with user name and a time and date stamp.
- Create and store important receiving “traceability” information referenced by computer generated control number and ID.
- Print sales order pick ticket automatically upon receiving inventory if the PO is linked to a sales order.
- Print part tags and goods received forms automatically upon receiving inventory.
- Print confirming orders and change orders.
- Input cost adjustments after vendor invoice is received.
- Process purchase exchange transactions (see separate module sheet) and track core return dates to vendor.
- Process vendor returns with a return purchase order.
- Fully integrated with accounting so that adjustments and accounts payable records are automatically affected.
- Print bar code labels automatically upon receiving inventory to use with the integrated bar code module.
- Fully integrated with the event manager module to automatically a reminder via e-mail or fax to the vendor when replies and goods are not received as promised.
- Automatically notify staff that goods have been received or that a core is due the vendor using the event management module.
- Vendor returns integrated with the shipping module so that shipping orders can be created automatically to the shipping department.
- An optional line item limit approval system may be set up per user that requires supervisor override.
- Purchase Requests can be made.
- Purchase Requests are automatically progressed to the appropriate approval person based on value limits.
- Purchase Order Detail Report - This report lists all purchase orders and the line item details of each. You may specify specific vendors, date ranges and transaction types to include on the report.
- Open Purchase Order Report - This report lists all open (not fully received) purchase orders including costs and backorders. You may specify specific vendors, date ranges and transaction types to include on the report. Allows you to view the outstanding PO requirements for your open orders and the dollar amount committed to open purchase orders.