Repair Orders for Quantum Control
Easily manage repair orders and associated costs using this full-featured module. Send inventory components to repair facilities and subsequently receive the overhauled part back into stock. All costs are captured and are fully integrated with accounts payable. The repair order can be initiated in the repair order, sales order, work order and manufacturing modules. The part numbers for overhauled parts may be modified and tracked by Quantum. Parts sent out for repair (including piece parts) are put in a reserved status, but are still shown as in stock with reference to the repair order.
A repair order may be set up as a brokered repair; whereby, a customer’s component is received through a sales order and in turn is sent to a repair facility. The customer is then automatically charged back through the sales order for the cost of the repair.
A full capabilities list may be maintained for each part and cross-linked to certified vendors. Within each vendor, you may indicate whether the vendor is preferred and you may actually prevent users from preparing repair order to uncertified vendors.
Automatic messaging may be set up to contact the vendor via e-mail or fax when replies have not been received as promised. Automatic internal messages may also be generated to alert staff that goods have been received and are ready to ship.
- Copy from existing repair orders to save administrative time.
- Create repair orders from various modules such as the sales order system for brokered repairs or sales exchanges, the work order system or directly in the repair order module thus linking the receiving process directly to that order, or from the manufacturing module to manage outside services.
- Link repair orders to existing sales orders and work orders or link these documents with existing repair orders.
- Set up a full capabilities list linking parts with vendors and preferred vendors as well as set up warnings or restrictions preventing users from choosing an uncertified vendor.
- Inventory components are shown as reserved in stock with a reference to the repair order.
- Attach extensive notes to each part or to the repair order for internal narratives.
- Attach multiple default clauses to the part or purchase order.
- Choose from multiple drop ship addresses.
- Manage piece parts from your inventory or from customer owned stock.
- Create customer quotes and carry costs over automatically from the repair order.
- Scrap parts that are returned from the vendor BER.
- Enter instructions for the receiver that will automatically appear on screen when the component is received back into stock.
- Input cost adjustments to labor, miscellaneous and parts after vendor invoice is received.
- Process multiple receipts of single line items.
- Modify the part number upon receipt and store in cross-reference database.
- Add other types of charges such as shipping and handling, packaging, etc.
- Print, fax or e-mail repair orders.
- Repair order audit trail provides management with a tool to track any changes that were made to the repair order complete with user name and a time and date stamp.
- Print bar code labels automatically upon receiving inventory to use with the integrated bar code module.
- Automatically generates a sales order or work order pick ticket when the repair order is linked to the originating order.
- Customizable repair order form with the forms designer module.
- Fully integrated with the event manager module to automatically send a reminder via e-mail or fax to the vendor when replies are not received as promised.
- Generates the Authorized Release Certificate.
- Fully integrated with shipping management for returning customer owned parts.
- Fully integrated with accounts payable.
- Fully integrated with document imaging module.
- Open Repair Order Report - This report lists all open (not fully received) repair orders including costs, due dates and backorders. You may specify specific vendors, date ranges and repair order number range. Either overhaul and/or exchange transaction types may be selected to print on the report.
- Repair Order Detail Listing - This report lists all repair orders and the line item details of each. You may specify specific vendors, due date ranges and transaction types to include on the report.
- Average Repair Price Report - The Average Repair Price report displays a summary by part number, customer or type. The report displays the average price and cost of the repair and provides the average turn around time of the repairs.
- Repair Order Form
- Pick Ticket Form