- Do the transaction dates match dates within the period header?
- Are all of the accounts you are trying to post into active?
- Are you debiting and crediting the same account on an AP/AR adjustment?
- Do you balance? (Do your debits match your credits?)
Real time reports include:
- Stock Export (Search Stock > Export)
- Inventory Valuation
- WIP Valuation
- Receiver Report
- Awaiting Core
GL dropdown > Setup > Fiscal Periods > Select Year > Select Year End at bottom right. This will create the Retained Earnings Entry and should be done after all year end adjusting entries are input into the 12th period.
Ensure you are exporting month-end stock from the Search Stock Browse as part of your monthly routine.
- Check for manual entries to the Inventory GL account
- Check for inappropriate batches posted for the Inventory account (AP Adjustments, AR Adjustments, etc.)
- Check for charge codes that are coded to the inventory account(s)
- Compare change in stock balances from the last date when figures did tie to current, then take this change and compare > o GL Details.
- ver 10.8 +: use Inventory Valuation Report link to view Current Period Adj Entries as well as Historical Adj Entries
- If you are interested in further explanation or help in reconciling your delta, you can follow the link below to receive a proposal for some time with our Professional Services department. http://www.componentcontrol.com/services/training
The year-end batch cannot be deleted. You must post the entry, then go to Global > Reversing Entries > Yes > Global > Change Tran Date and ensure the tran date and period is equal to that of the YE period. This will result in a zero net effect.
For Bank Rec: At some point, someone chose the same check # for more than one item being processed through the bank. You can choose to
- Locate the item > Checks > search check register > OK > sort by check # and void and re-do the check
- OR: User > System Setup > Maintain System Tables > General Ledger > Bank > select correct bank > Edit > mark the checkbox ‘Allow Duplicate Checks’>OK > Post Bank Rec then go back to edit the bank setup again the un-mark that box.
- The check number has already been used for the same bank on a prior transaction; re-type correct check number and process.